Protect Your Legacy.
Cheryl Lynn Nelson, CPCertified Paralegal
Cheryl Lynn Nelson is in the firm’s estate planning, trust and estate administration department.
Prior to joining the Sowards Law Firm, Cheryl was a paralegal with a boutique trusts and estates law practice in Palo Alto, where she assisted the attorney with estate plan drafting and guided families through the trust and estate administration process including probate. Ms. Nelson became a Certified Paralegal in 2010, is a tax preparer during tax season and is working on her own E-commerce website.
Education and Certifications:
- Registered Tax Return Preparer, September 2012, Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Certified Paralegal, September 2010, National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
- Notary Public, August 2007, California Secretary of State
- Certified Tax Preparer, November 2006, California Tax Education Council (CTEC)
- B.S., Business Administration – Finance, June 1992, California State University, San Bernardino
Affiliations and Community Service:
- Founder Probate Paralegal Breakfast, 2013, Palo Alto
- National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
- National Notary Association (NNA)
- Paralegal Association of Santa Clara County (PASCCO)
- Senior Adult Legal Assistance (SALA)
For more information on Cheryl Lynn Nelson, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org