Protect Your Legacy.
Cheryl Lynn Nelson, CPCertified Paralegal
Cheryl Lynn Nelson is in the firm’s trust and estates administration department. She has been a paralegal since 2006.
Prior to joining the Sowards Law Firm, Cheryl was a paralegal with a boutique trusts and estates law practice in Palo Alto, where she assisted the attorney with estate plan drafting and guided families through the trust and estate administration process including probate. Cheryl earned her Certified Paralegal designation in 2010 and up until 2019 was an income tax professional with an established brand.
When not working, Cheryl participates in many activities: 1) She has played in the American Pool players Association (APA) since 2010; 2) She has been a Meetup organizer since 2014 hosting a monthly dinner; and 3) She was promoted to grandmother in 2022.
Education and Certifications:
- Certified Paralegal, September 2010, National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA);
- Notary Public, August 2007, California Secretary of State; and
- B.S., Business Administration – Finance, June 1992, California State University, San Bernardino.
Active Affiliations and Community Service:
- Founder Trust and Estates Paralegal Breakfast Group, 2013;
- National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA);
- National Notary Association (NNA); and
- Santa Clara County Legal Professionals Association (SCCLPA).
For more information on Cheryl Lynn Nelson, please email to: email@example.com